Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We made it.

So while other blog friends have been dashing off to exotic locale, and others are headed up north, I am spending the week in the lovely San Angelo. With the kids. Because of the hubby.

The guys are leading worship at a Student Life Camp at Angelo State. Since this is the "closest" deal they have this summer...here we are.

Six hours in the car by myself. With the kids.

Not fun.

I so feel for single parents.

Stopping for a potty break takes serious forethought.

But, we made it. And the kids actually slept last night (for the most part). I snuck down to the lobby around 6:20 AM for a quiet breakfast before getting them up. I spotted the computer and figured I'd hop on here for a few.

Today we begin our fun. We'll go to the camp to hear the guys play. I haven't seen Shawn play with Billy Foote yet, but he's lovin' it. We'll swim. Someone will hopefully get in a nap at some point. And we'll enjoy being together as a family.

Also, Neal McClendon is speaking and I have as of yet, never heard him...though I've heard ALL about him. I might actually still not hear him but I'll give it a shot.

Please pray for me. I want to have fun and that requires relaxing and bringin' in the ol' flexibility that I so don't possess. I swear I will give God ALL the glory and take none for myself if I not just survive the week but really enjoy it.

Have a great day, ya'll! I'm off to see what the troops are up to.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Girl, I will pray for you!

olivia and henry said...

sim, you are the best. really. i love you and i am praying that you have a wonderful week!!!! we'll look forward to hearing all about it when you guys come home.
xoxo
angie

LeRay said...

I hope that you have a fun time even in the hecticness (is that a word!)of it all!

Amanda said...

awww...you are so precious! I hope everything goes great this week! I miss you guys!