Saturday, June 30, 2007

Run Around

Today was a busy day, a day of festivities, a day of supreme sugar intake (Amanda J., I think I might have you beat. I know Avery does.)

Do you have one of those friends that you adore that never dated much and you just couldn't figure out why and you couldn't wait to see who they ended up with? That is Dom. Dom is a gem of a guy. A true gentleman, a wise man, a man that we were forever curious who God would bring to him.

She's here and she's perfect!
Dom and Megan are getting married this December. Shawn will be a groomsman...hee, hee. They live in Houston so I hadn't met Megan yet. I'd heard bunches about her but no face to face. Dom's family held an engagement reception for them today and that was our first stop. I snapped a pic of the bride and groom and groomsman-to-be. Look at Dom, he's glowing!






A quick stop at home for naps and then we were off to Lewisville for our niece, Caitlyn's, first birthday. She is my brother's daughter, three weeks younger than Asher and a total hoot. That girl was THE perfect birthday girl/hostess. She made her way from room to room with a big toothy grin for all the party guests. My brother and sis-in-law loved it b/c there were folks in every room to corral that busy gal. She's probably 17 pounds and I don't know 2 feet tall. She's a tiny toddler toddling. It's the cutest thing. Avery adores her and she and Asher already seem to be buds. Oh and she had the perfect party dress. She looked like a bunch of balloons, so festive!

Cake smashed, gifts opened and it was time to hit stop number 3. Dave the drummer is in town b/c the guys are playing at First Dallas tomorrow morning. We met him and the greatest sound guy on the planet, Bobby and his wife Brooke at BJ's. YUM! Shawn and I held off eating at the party so we could stuff ourselves right.

Isn't it great when you make a wise choice? I tell you what, I could've past over dinner and moved straight to the pizookie. I don't know if I spelled it right, I don't even care. It's so good, it covers a multitude of wrong spelling. A warm chocolate chip cookie (big, I say) in its very own tin with a big ol scoop of ice cream. Shawn, Avery and I were like pigs at a trough. Shawn would scoop some cookie and Avery would swoop in with her spoonful of ice cream and steal his cookie. Yum, double yum.

AND, Bobby and Brooke picked up the tab! Hallelujah!

And now I'm fat and happy on the couch about to dive into an episode of House (it's actually work I have to do! Love those random research projects.)

Oh, and tonite while I was getting Avery ready for bed, she informed me that she has a sister named Emma who lives in China...??? Prophetic, maybe? Who knows.

Also, I'm glad to see some new "faces" visiting here. Welcome and thanks for the sweet comments!

sim

5 comments:

LeRay said...

I had the pizzookie (sp?) last Sunday and it was DELICIOUS!! Sounds like a fun and busy day. Yippee for Dom too!!

Chrys and Mike said...

Oh, how great for Dom! I'm glad to hear that fun news! Megan looks very familiar to me...A&M?

Chrys

Nat Pat said...

oh man. pizookies are the greatest creation ever. and next time you're up in L-town (and don't have 15 stops) you better give us a call!

vanessa said...

I LOVE PIZOOKIES!!!!!
I can not believe Dallas has BJ's! We've only been to the one at Laguna Beach and it's AMAZING! Dallas has the best places to eat - NO FAIR! Nashville finally got a Cheesecake Factory...how pathetic is that? At least we're slowly progressing... :)

Mia said...

She is adorable! I wonder if we can get one of those cookies here???????