Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Decisions are the worst!

Good morning! I tell ya, it's too early.

So this morning, I scheduled a neighborhood event. In retrospect I'm not sure what I was thinking. Cinemark does a series of kid movies for $1 each Wednesday at 9:30 AM. Sounds fun, right? Sure, if someone can watch your 1 year old who should be napping at precisely that same time. Did I find a babysitter (meaning my mom)? Noooo, not so much. Am I stressed about how this is going to go? Yesss. Did Avery wake up at 5 this morning? Mmm-hmmm. Did I go to bed too late last night? I think you know the answer to that.

Not looking like a promising start.

I will throw myself at the mercy of my mother and ask for a last minute pardon (if she doesn't have any meetings) and beg that she hang with little man while Avery and I spend some time with Clifford that big ol' red dog.

I dunno what's going to happen if ALL of us hit the theater. My mind has been trying to map out different scenarios, preparing itself for all things stressful. There are only so many crackers that a baby will let you shove in his mouth in attempts to keep him busy. At least this is a kid movie and stress is a given. I bet we won't even be able to hear what sweet Emily Elizabeth has to say.

Maybe we should just save our dollars and watch PBS this morning.

Darn you, girl, for thinking you could be ubermom. I could so go for a nanny right now...

4 comments:

olivia and henry said...

ok, this is why we need to live around the corner from each other ;)

LeRay said...

I really don't think Emily Elizabeth could possibly be that sweet in real life? Do you? I bet she is really a "you know what" when the camera stops rolling!

Sorry I am not closer or I would totally take the little fella but it's 9:15 and you gotta be there by now. I hope all went well. Just think the experience could lead to a good blog then good article. Hang in there!!!

Honeycutt Family said...

HOPE ALL WENT WELL TODAY!!!!!!

Amanda said...

Sim you are hilarious! And I am never busy! Feel free to call for a free babysitting job anytime!