Friday, June 22, 2007

Ahhhh...

We're home!

After some serious meltdowns Thursday, we threw in the towel.

It's Thursday around 6 PM. We get in the car to head to the school to watch the guys play. Avery is mad (and I mean MAD) that she doesn't have like 30 dolls to play with and screams the whole way from the hotel to the school. She is beyond exhausted and just wants to be done. Asher is sitting in his seat with a glazed look like he's about to nod off and I'm thinking, why are we still here?

Shawn calls as we are in the parking lot at the school. I'm planning on sitting there until Avery quits. He comes out and I tell him we're going home. He balks, which is understandable since we won't get on the road until close to 7PM and it took us 6 hours to get there. Still, We are soooo done. Shawn agrees and helps us load everything up. After getting gas, we hit the road at 6:47 PM.

The kids are in diaper/pullup and pjs so we shouldn't have to stop for potty breaks. My hope is that they'll sleep most of the way.

And...it seemed to be a great decision. We made great time, getting home at 11:30 PM (one drive thru stop to get a diet coke and fries)! Once we got home, it got hairy for a little while. They both woke up and were both groggy and Asher had a messy diaper, Avery was crying and being dramatic in her half-conscious state and that threw me in to psycho mom mode.

Ten minutes after midnight and we were all in bed, close to asleep. I was dead to the world for a glorious 5 1/2 hours before Asher woke up. I fed him and put him back down and went to check on Avery.

Guess who was awake. Are you kidding me? The girl is sneaking caffeine somehow.

I let her finish out the morning in bed with me and we both managed to drift off until a little after 8.

They are napping now, catching up on much needed sleep.

I'm so glad we came home last night. Shawn is not too far from arriving too! Yeehaw. I'll get to hit the grocery store by myself.

Gonna get some pics up here in a second.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh... I totally remember those days when my sister was little and it was exactly like that! Good to know my family isn't alone!!

Sim I'm so glad you made it home safely and got some sort of rest!!