Thursday, June 28, 2007

A thank you.

I really have nothing to say but sat down anyway. Asher is in bed, Avery and Shawn in the tv room, playing the piano. I am perched on the stool in the kitchen, typing away, hoping inspiration will show it's flighty face.

So far, no luck.

Today was pleasant on a few levels. I like pleasant days.

From time to time, the kids and I meet a few other moms at Willow Bend for playtime/lunch and any visiting we can squeeze in. These are women I don't see regularly but respect and enjoy and look forward to seeing. Today, two moms I have only known through blogging came and what a treat to meet them. And the kiddos? TOO CUTE!

I love knowing about people. I'm working on the whole "love knowing" people deal and "love people" command and well... Not that I don't want to know people, I'm just not so good at it. I spend way too much time wondering what MY dork factor is, not engaging others in conversation, yada-yada. I kinda freeze when it comes to small talk.

But, finding out about peoples' lives I love. I want to find a connection, a common ground, interesting tidbits. And, it really is a small world! The six degrees of separations is alive and well. So, all that to say, I found some common ground with my new "face to face" friends.

And, let me say, its crazy how much we learn about each other through blogs before even laying eyes on one another.

So, girls, thanks for a good day. I look forward to more visiting...I'm thinking at a yummy restaurant sans kids one evening so we can really talk, uninterrupted.

What'd ya say?

6 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Today was so fun, and yes...anytime about the sans kids dinner! Love to!
Sunni

olivia and henry said...

we missed hanging out with you all today!!! PLEASE count me in on the sans kids dinner!!!!!
angie

LeRay said...

I didn't get invited...

HA! I am SOOOO kidding. It's what happens when your kids are too tall and too old to play in mall play areas.(sigh) I miss my playgroup days, especially b/c playgroup phase has turned into sleepover phase and I am not sure how I feel about that yet...

Glad you had a pleasant day!!

Them Chandlers said...

Sounds like a plan!

Amanda said...

Yes! Let's do it! Soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Simri, I love reading your blog. I'm friends with your sister-in-law, Angie, by the way. This post brought me out of my stalker/voyeur world to actually start commenting. I'm glad you met your blogging friends! I've made friends through blogging, too! (Chris and Oliver - I'm pretty sure you know them...) I read Amanda and Lauren's blogs too, and we have so many mutual friends. Blogs ARE the new Kevin Bacon!

On a more serious note, the post above this one almost made me cry because I can relate to all those feelings so much! Why do we downward spiral like that?