Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Howdy from San Angelo...again

Thanks for the encouragement and prayers. Last night went well. Asher was so tired he couldn't put up a fight. Avery took a bit longer to settle down but at least there were no tears...or screaming...or other guests knocking on our door asking if we are okay.

That was humbling. And a slight bit embarrasing. The worst part? The guy wasn't even staying next door but DOWN THE HALL!

At least he was nice about it.

Okay, so I've heard the guys play now. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am that Shawn has been blessed to lead with them. Billy is an incredible songwriter and Cindy? That girl can sing and then some. The only downside? I just can't worship when a girl is singing...I spend too much time in awe of the beautiful voice. I do try to at least read the words. And God still gets the glory for giving her such an amazing voice...even though He passed me up...

No bitterness here...much.

Speaking of words, there is a new song that they have been doing and man, it's incredible! I can't keep the name straight. Something like All Praise to God. Ah, it's the next Not a god.

And little Libby, their daughter from China...too cute. It's a busy time in the green room with kiddos everywhere but we're having fun. Some great folks we have here!

Still haven't heard Neal. He gave me a rundown of what he would cover and it sounded like greatness, but bedtime prevailed. Here's to hanging on to hope.

Signing off now. I'm in the lobby again with Avery while Asher is napping and Shawn is doing some work.

I've taken a few pics of the kids. I'll get 'em up when I'm on my computer.

How's the weather in the Big D? We've had crazy rain which has made it nice and cool. I can dig that.

later ya'll.

1 comment:

olivia and henry said...

miss you, sim! come home soon ;)
the weather is nice. it's hot, but if you are in a pool it is perfect! a little rain here and there.
keep writing while you're gone!
ang