Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday love

Two more days and my hubby comes home for a pit stop. He's been gone since 4th of July. The plane gets in Saturday afternoon, we get him for Sunday and then he's back on a plane headed to Maryland. BUT, come the 20th, he's home and done!

The end of August we are headed to the Florida Gulf Coast for a week! We found a darling 3 bd/3ba beach cottage that will be ours for 6 - count 'em, 6 nights! We'll be staying right between Seaside and Rosemary Beach. I AM EXCITED! Let's start prayin' that those hurricanes will tarry.

Natalie is initiating a wonderful project...be a part of it! I'll collect and get them to her, if you'll let me know you want to do it! An easy "teachable moment", moms! Thanks, Nat, for getting this started! You're gonna blow that "goal" away!

I'm hooked on Solitaire right now. I hadn't played it since I worked full-time in the days before Avery was born. I was watching The Office and Pam was wastin' time playin' Free Cell. Right then and there, I got my computer and proceeded to waste 2 hours. I could've been sleeping. I'm taking a break right now to write this (the kids are sleeping so I'm not neglecting them...yet).

Mindless, mindless activity.

My heart hurts b/c everytime I turn around, I'm hearing of another marriage falling apart. The pain and loneliness, not to mention the kids is just devestating. Pray, girls! The enemy is gaining way too much ground on this!

This week I've been camped out in Psalm 25. Read it, it'll do your heart some good!

Peace and conditioned air to you all!
sim

5 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

I know what you mean about the marriage thing--it is WAY too scary that so many couples divorce (including Christians!!!). I will check out Psalm 25 when I go upstairs to my Bible...
Jen
P.S. Glad Shawn is coming home soon and that you guys have a fun vacation planned!

Amanda said...

awww...yay! I'm so glad Shawny is coming home soon! I totally know what you mean! however I'm oozing with jealousy about your getaway!!!

uggghhhh...the marriage thing! I know couples too...it's so sad...

olivia and henry said...

sim,
you are right, psalm 25 is really really good!!!
you have been quite the trooper while shawn has been gone...i'm so glad he'll be home soon!!! i know you all are ready to be with your hubby/daddy!
love you,
angie

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

We spent a week last summer at Seacrest Beach in a house in the Sunset Beach community...are y'all staying near there? So fun! There's a great little Italian place on Highway 30A (is that it?) and I'll try to think of the name for you because it was yummy! We cooked a lot of fresh seafood at our house too.

LeRay said...

So excited you get to go to the beach!!