Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm still alive

And busy. I admire you work at home moms. How do you get it done?

It's intermission in our movie b/c somebody's dad called for a chat and well, it's never really a chat... :-)

So I've checked my email and stopped by to at least post a little something.

I do need some feedback, gals. Because I wasn't sure what I wanted my parents to get Asher for his first birthday, they haven't yet. And for some reason I'm raring to figure out a good "thing" for my almost 14 mo. old boy. Let me say he really doesn't need anything so I'm trying to think forward to when he'll be more active (yes, it's so coming!). AND, none of us need anything with little pieces. I've got pieces comin' outta everywhere, thanks to the curse of the Polly Pocket. So, hook me up, moms! What do your young strapping males love, besides mama?

Have a great weekend!

Oh, and my wheels are spinning - when do you guys want to do Girls Night Out? Soon, right?? and what night is best (this should be the fun part...)?

Love to you all!
sim

7 comments:

Jess said...

wouldn't asher love a tricycle or one of those small play things/gym/swingset to go inside or out? Josh also loves those battery operated bubble machines! He really loves my pots and pans though! He attempts to see if he can break the kitchen floor tiles with the calphalon stuff. Just a few ideas.

Honeycutt Family said...

Do you guys already have a Radio Flyer wagon to cart him and Avery around in on walks? What about a family pass to the zoo or museum--maybe that would be a better family Christmas present, though? My niece just got a "water table" for the backyard and loves it. I think the ideas Jess gave are good ones too.
Not a bad dilemma to be in! :)
Jen

Amanda said...

I can't believe Asher is almost 14 months! He is so precious! I haven't seen any of you guys in a million years almost! Well, I of course have no idea what to get a 14 month old, so remember all the good ideas for when I'm in that boat! :)

LeRay said...

Hmmmmm! Did you search Toysrus.com
that's always full of good ideas and "favorites" per age group. I think he might like a gift card to Ann Taylor Loft with the name Simri on it, he he. Just kidding.

See you tonight!

Amanda said...

My parents gave us several months at Gymboree for his first birthday and that has been a lot of fun. I'm not sure if that would work for you with Avery, but if it would you should check it out. You can do a preview class for free and see if he likes climbing around on their stuff.

I'm ready for girls night out! We are going out of town until 8/5. I can meet y'all after that. Have a great weekend!

olivia and henry said...

hey sim,
you should do the gymboree or little gym class like amanda suggested, except do one over this way...then avery can hang out with us while y'all are at class! ;)
girls night out sounds great...most weeknights during august are open for me. (except for the week of the 19th-24th)

Heather said...

my oldest LOVES LOVES LOVES cars. And he would ride them all over my tables ... you know the good table that you don't want scratches all over ... so my in-laws got him a table from step two ... it's called the Deluxe Canyon Road Train & Track Table you can find it here ... http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1354&stp2ssid=0A58F93C-1143-E489-2DBD19681E7337A9

Both my boys LOVE this table and they have logged MANY hours on it.

Also fun things are passes to ammusemnt parks or aquariums or little gym.