Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sunny Saturday

Is it bad for me to want the clouds back? Man, is it hot or what? Bring on the high energy bills! On the other hand, my, it looks nice and cheerful inside my house.

This morning I got out and to the grocery store early with Asher. Avery spent the night with my parents last night. We picked up a few things at Market Street and I decided to go "garage sale"ing for a little while in old McKinney. There are always tons of garage sales at these great old houses. It gives me an excuse to visit our old stomping ground (even though to get to the library or the square, I take our old street, so I guess I hit the old neighborhood quite often. Way besides the point!).

I had to call Shawn this morning and confess the lust in my heart. I came upon a garage sale at a beautiful home that is for sale. Oh, what a perfect remodeled Craftsman home. Green, with a beautiful big yard, an upstairs, the big wooden door with glass panes at the top, BIG front porch. I almost got out of the van to see if I could take a tour. I wanted to see that house so I would have details to add to my daydreaming. I waffled, smelled my poopy son and pulled away...slowly.

When I got home and put Asher down for a nap, I started hunting the internet for this home, this perfect home on a good street next to other perfect homes.

$315,000 worth of perfect was that Craftsman creation, so lovingly and carefully restored.

Dang, I can't even fantasize in that price range.

4 comments:

LeRay said...

You always throw me a little when you change your blog look. The house looks beautiful, just pretend it's full of termites and would fall apart right afer you bought it, maybe that will help.

Honeycutt Family said...

That price sounds like California or Denver prices!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!

Jess said...

Love the new look. I'm there with ya on the house envy stuff. Have to keep saying out loud to myself that comparison quote I think I shared with you before.

Stay cool and call if you ever get this way!!

Anonymous said...

Haven't read the blog for a while and have just finished it all. Some comments: What a touching tribute to your Dad on Father's Day (He would like that picture with Simri if possible). I cried because I know that love really well. What really precious little ones I am blessed to know. They bring such joy. I am deeply indebted to their father - Shawn for doing such a good job, loving and teaching them, being an example of our Father and in turn loving you as He loves us. The best part of reading all of this is to see more of you, Simri Michel Davis. To get a glimpse into your heart and soul is a precious joy. You're an amazing woman who I am blessed to know. You are truly a Song of the Lord.
Mom