Friday, April 13, 2007

what a sense of humor!

Life comes full circle in well, not much time.

A while back I wrote about transition in our lives. The whole out with the old, in with the new blah, blah.

Little did I know that old and new are cut from the same cloth.

Transition - The Jeff Berry band came to an end. Okay, no problem. I was excited - no more extensive travel! I did feel for Shawn not having the opportunity to play music any longer. But hey, he'll get over it and we'll be together...lots.

God's sense of humor - Billy Foote comes a'callin'. Can you say "on the road again"? Not to sound like the shunned other woman, I did give my blessing (which Shawn sought immediately - kudos, babe!). He's excited. I'm becoming excited. Billy has written some amazing worship songs. I look forward to meeting him and his wife Cindy.

And I'm confident God has my back. He's led me to pray that He would meet my needs. I know He will. He kinda has a way of being faithful, ya know? I try to remember that He's all for family and He'll make sure we're good.

So, back in the saddle again....AND, God has amazed us with how much work He's brought Shawn through The Whetstone. It's crazy busy. Shawn's been landing lots of jobs - now he needs to do the work!

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. Keep 'em comin'.

3 comments:

olivia and henry said...

sim, we are so thrilled for you guys!!! it has been encouraging to watch the LORD's constant provision...He continues to bless your family. you and shawn have remained faithful through it all...trusting the LORD, and holding on to His hope! i know that He has received glory upon glory, as you all have truly honored Him in every area of your life. y'all are my heroes ;)
i love you!

Honeycutt Family said...

What a small world...we went to a small church in Evergreen, CO with Billy Foote and his wife Cindy for about 6 months. Karl Shakelford (from Lake Pointe) took over the church and we went there with Doug and Keitha Price for alittle while. Billy and Cindy were just coming there at the time to lead worship. They were a neat couple. It was in about 2000 or 2001. I don't know if they would remember us or not. Anyway, that is very cool! Keep us posted...

Chrys and Mike said...

WOW! That is so cool!

I am encouraged to hear this story of God's faithfulness. I know He will always provide.

Always.

But it is good to be reminded sometimes.

Love you.

Chrys