Tuesday, April 10, 2007

ever have one of those days...

when you've got nothing to write? Yeah, well I'm having one of those weeks. Last week I blamed it on pms and then the real deal. Now I don't have anyone or thing to blame. My mind feels like jello, i've had headaches for the past three days and none of me wants to work together. I'd form a picket line...if I felt like it.

I do need your help, though. Last month I sold two articles to local McKinney magazines. It was thrilling! Can I call myself a writer now? So, I've been trying to think of new article ideas and am (surprise, surprise) drawing a blank...lots of blanks. I'm trying to overcome my "one-hit wonder"itis. The editor has emailed asking if I have ideas for the May/June Issue of McKinney Woman mag. Yeah, you know the answer. So, HELP ME! What are articles of interest for women that I could tackle?

My eyes are crossing. It's 3:07 PM! What is up? I need a vacation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could write a funny article about summer, swimsuits, bodies, etc from the mommy perspective. I guess i am feeling the crunch of summer getting closer and closer and the scale getting heavier and heavier. aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!
or
you could write something on the topic of mom's day and dad's day since it's for May/June!! You are officially are real writer now, not because you are published but because you have writer's block. :)

Pen the Tale said...

thanks leray! boy, i've got quite the case right now!

olivia and henry said...

goodness sim...i am thinkin'...but nothing is coming to mind!! i'll think of something ;)

Honeycutt Family said...

Yes, I like your friend's idea about a funny story about bathing suit shopping--SCARY!!!!
You also said that you need a vacation, so maybe something on vacations spots for families???? Maybe the magazine will send you and your fam to the location to check it out and write about it! Ha! Am I dreaming????
Sorry, I couldn't help more...
P.S. Congrats on the articles you got published! How exciting!