Monday, April 23, 2007

2:33 PM

As I sit here sipping a strawberry banana smoothie, Rush Limbaugh is jawing on the radio, Avery is playing in her room and Asher is napping. The windows are open and I hear the sounds of construction all around. Two houses are being built to the left of us, one to the right and another behind us. Fortunately, none of them are immediately next to us. Still the noise is well, noisy.

Our internet has been out of service since midday Friday. I have not been on the computer since that point. Tough going. I see how attached I am to being plugged in to my world through a few strokes on my computer. We don't have cable so we get about 1 1/2 channels. That leads to not much tv watching. Being online keeps me connected. Being offline leaves me floundering. Not that i missed much.

The repairman rang the doorbell before 8 this morning. Glorious since we were quoted the standard "sometime between 8 and 12". Too bad for him that he was greeted by a pajamed, newly awake 30-something female. Turns out that when another AT&T work crew was trying to fix another problem, they put the lines back together wrong and we ended up with someone else's number ?? I guess it was an easy fix b/c we were back in the saddle in no time.

It's now 2:45 PM.

No comments: