Friday, April 04, 2008

Fashion Show Fun

So last Saturday Avery had a taste of the glamorous life. She was able to take part in a kid's fashion show at Nordstrom with her cousin Olivia and friend Rory. Big surprise - she loved it!!


Earlier in the week we headed down there and she was able to pick out her outfit. She kept calling this her "Belle" dress. Not sure what about it makes her think that but there you have it.


We got to Nordstrom at Northpark around 7:30 AM and were directed to the dressing room. After donning the chosen garb, we headed to the refreshments so Avery could eat powdered donuts (what???) and I could worry about her getting the dress we were not buying dirty. I also began obsessing about her scuffed up dress shoes and stringy hair. Guess what I realized...I'm not cut out to be a stage mom (and I'm incredibly petty). Yeah, that smacked me right between the eyes as I backed up, told myself to shut up and watched my cutie glow at the chance to be "fancy".


She did great. She smiled and made it down the runway and even gave daddy a big hug to a chorus of "ahhhh"'s. She's ready for the fall show.


Angie and I thought it would be great fun if the girls did this every year and we could capture the changes in pictures. It was a hoot to watch the older (10/11 yr olds) girls strike poses with their accessorized selves.







4 comments:

Amanda said...

How precious. My sister and I got to do that with some friends whose mom was a model. We were very young, but I still remember it vividly. It was such a special day!

Kathryn said...

Precious pictures! It was great hanging out with you guys last night....let's do it again soon.

.kp. said...

simply, unbelievably beautiful! i see so much of you in her. beautiful!

how fun!

vanessa said...

Angie showed me these pictures and I just LOVED each one. I thought Avery looked so beautiful & so excited! She has grown so much and does remind me so much of YOU. So fun! Can't wait to see what they wear next year... ;)