Saturday, August 04, 2007

I had to post!

Just so I wouldn't have to see that darn picture anymore. It was a moment of weakness that I posted it anyway. Glad to have given all you thrill-seeking blog gals a laugh! Or maybe a groan...

This little "random facts" tag sure has spread. I've been visiting all my fav blogs and some others I don't know and everybody is exposing their deep dark weirdness. Ok, maybe not, but there are some funny factoids.

See, moms are still exciting beings!

I awoke this morning at 5:45 am to get food in the crockpot for lunch today (we have friends coming over). I'm gonna share the recipe b/c this is easy, yummy and well, like I said, easy. I make jasmine rice and a green veggie or salad to round out the meal.

Creamy Italian Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
1/4 cup water
1 - 80z cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 - 4 oz can mushroom pieces
Rice or fettucine noodles

Place chicken in crockpot. Combine salad dressing mix and water and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
In small bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook 1 hour longer. Serve over rice or noodles.

That's it! Easy breezy! Let me know if any of you try it and what you think.

After prepping the lunch, I was awake so I made coffee, grabbed my Bible and journal and had me some good quiet time. I'm a morning person, no doubt about it. I love the stillness of the house, the sun beginning to peek over the horizon, no talking at all! I need to get my lazy bootie out of bed early every morning - days go much better, but I have a night owl hubby and more often than not, we're watching a movie until late.

It's 7:40 AM. I've got lots to do before 10:30 AM.

Bye, ya'll!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sim! Is that the recipe you were telling me about before?? It sounds DELICIOUS! I will make myself cook soon and I'm cooking that!

olivia and henry said...

thanks for coming over today!!!! we had so much fun with you guys. i always love getting to visit with you! love you!

Them Chandlers said...

A great recipe from an ORIGINAL video vixen...does it get any better than that???