Sunday, January 20, 2008

what if???

On our way home from church today, I witnessed a near miss accident. One car layed on his horn and I muttered, "oh my". Avery, never missing a thing, started in on the "what" rant. I told her there was almost an accident.

That was all she needed to pepper me with a million and one questions. I'll spare you b/c quite frankly, I tend to tune out when she starts tossing out every conceivable and some ill-conceived questions. But I did catch this:

"Mom, what happens at an accident?"

"Well, cars run into each other, people might get hurt and the cars are a mess."

Mom, who comes to the accident?"

"The firefighters, policemen and paramedics."

"Uh, what about the aliens?"

Hmmm, what about the aliens?

"You mean the ambulance?"

"yeah."

"They come too."

I'll spare you our conversation on the way to the movies last week. Let's just say it was a little question something like this:

"Mom, how are babies made?"

I tapdanced my way through that one without having to use cute names or any names for that matter having to do with human anatomy. And arriving at the theater provided the perfect distraction.

Now I gotta get ready for when she throws that one out again. Maybe it'll be daddy's turn to squirm :-)

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

HA!!!! What a very smart and inquisitive little girl you have there! :)
Jen