Monday, January 21, 2008

A Prayer for Victory

If I haven't had a chance in the morning to steal away to pray and focus myself, I'll pull out my journal and write my prayers down. I can do that while with the kids when they are watching cartoons. I pray the Holy Spirit inhabits those prayers as much as the ones uttered from my lips. After all, they are coming from the same desperate heart, right?

As I was writing out my prayers, one verse whispered itself repeatedly. It is a verse I call to mind when I'm feeling out of control and wondering how things are going to come together. I read the verse (7) in it's context of Psalm 20 and wanted to encourage you all with it. Today I asked the LORD that He would remind His children that we are remembered. No matter what your circumstances I pray this Psalm for you:

1"I pray that the LORD will listen when you are in trouble,
And that the God of Jacob will keep you safe.
2May the LORD send help from His temple and come to your rescue
from Mount Zion.
3May He remeber your gifts and be pleased with what you bring.

4May God do what you want most and let all go well for you.
5Then you will win victories, and we will celebrate,
while raising banners in the name of our God.
May the LORD answer all of your prayers!

6I am certain, LORD, that you will help your chosen king.
You will answer my prayers from your holy place in heaven,
and you will save me with your mighty right arm.

7Some people trust the power of chariots or horses,
but we trust you, LORD God.
8Others will stumble and fall, but we will be strong
and stand firm.

9Give the king victory, LORD,
and answer our prayers."

Can I get an AMEN?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I love you!

Gram said...

thank you.

Elaine said...

So encouraging this morning...thanks for sharing.

The Prosper Russells said...

Hey!! How are you?
~Wendy

{CuTe CaRd QuEeN} said...

Hey! I hadn't stopped by in a while. I am still in shock that your little one asked you about how babies are made. I need years to get ready for that one. Yikes.
Hope you are great!!

Anonymous said...

Ask Shawn about his hospital visit today (in light of this post)