Tuesday, January 15, 2008

so comfy

Just a bit ago, Asher and I did a quick trip to Sam's for some bulk items. As we headed down the aisle, they had the yoga pants pulled out in the middle along with all of the workout stuff - get the new year off to the right start and all that. I paused. I really want those yoga pants. They just might be the motivation I need...and I really do "need" more workout clothes. If you visit the LA Fitness by my house, I'm the one in the sad old sweats and oversized t-shirt - nothing cute about my workout attire.

Now I've been channeling wisdom lately in trying to discern want from need. I know that God will provide for my needs and I know that I apply the word "need" to many "wants". At that moment the pants were a "want" teetering on the "need" side. I tossed them into the cart and went on my merry way.

Fast forward to home. I pull out the pants, so hopeful that they will fit, inspire, transform my very tush. My plan is to put them on and do pilates while Ash naps but if the pants don't work, where will I find myself?

Ah, glory, glory, glory! They are most definitely in the "need"category. These pants are beyond comfy (my new "fat days" go-tos), cute and even a bit flattering. They have this wide band at the waist that is forgiving and slimming at the same time.

I want to make my yoga pants proud! I want to raise that tush, shrink that waist and tighten up those thighs.

Thank you, Bally's Fitness. Thank you Sams. Thank you, Sim, for seeing beyond the "want" to the heart of the "need".

Now go burn some calories!

Also, let me let you in on my new fav breakfast:

1 nutrigrain waffle (70 calories)
1 tbsp dark choc. chips (7o calories)
half a dozen pitted tart cherries (come in water in a can) - not sure the calories, but not much.

toast waffle, melt chocolate chips, smear chocolate on waffle, add cherries and enjoy!!!! Very filling. Let me know if you try it. I saw it on Good Morning America when they did a story on the Flat Belly Diet.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

To transform one's very tush is the highest ambition a pant can have. I'm so glad you got a good pair! Those waffles sound very yummy.

Amanda said...

wide band yoga pants?! LOVE THAT!

.kp. said...

i am laughing so hard i am afraid i may wake the girls up!

Anonymous said...

I think I have the same yoga pants. Don't know if I do them the same justice you do.

Meredith

olivia and henry said...

sim, these pants sound SO great!!! maybe you should post a pic?!?
so glad you bought them! ;)