Sunday, May 27, 2007

uh, uh, no you diint!



My day was going along just fine. Had my coffee and Kashi cereal for breakfast. Got myself, the kids and my parents to church in time for donuts, coffee (none for me, thanks), potty breaks and service with no meltdowns. Heard the greatness of Voddie Baucham, guest speaker. Got out of the building at a reasonable time and headed to lunch.

Here begins the foundation of my sad tale.

Mom wanted Luby's - line too long. Across the parking lot - Freebirds! It's been awhile since I've had me some yummy Freebirds. In college, my roommate was a manager at the one in Northgate, so needless to say...

Line was just as long at Freebirds, but, well, it's so worth it. As I wrestled with my order (side info: Since Easter, I've been very careful with my food choices - losin' weight and all - about 15 lbs worth!), I was torn between getting nothing but lettuce and some chicken and enjoying a decent burrito. I opted for the decent burrito. Initially I was going to get a 1/2 burrito but Shawn decided that I should spend 75 cents more and get a Freebird. He would finish the rest...or so he thought.

Aside from a few bites I shared with Asher, I downed that thing! Yum from beginning to end! And I didn't feel too guilty because I passed on sour cream and all, until...

I got home and looked up the nutritional info. I am reeling, profoundly shocked. Did you know that the bbq sauce on a Freebird is almost 200 calories and 11 grams of fat?? What the..???

So, as penance for eating a thousand-plus calorie burrito for lunch, I must write about it. Call it a public service announcement or something.

It just ain't right, but it's oh so good.

5 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

That is why I NEVER look at the nutritional content of my food (especially Starbucks drinks!)
:)

olivia and henry said...

girl, you deserved it! sometimes you just have to go where your tastebuds lead you ;)

Amanda said...

Voddie was freaking awesome!

hahaha...you are so precious! I can't wait to look like you!! (sigh) but unfortunately that will be awhile. haha...it's always the dang sauce that gets you :)

Chrys and Mike said...

I wish I'd gotten to hear Voddie! Ironically, we were at his home church in Houston on Sunday while he was speaking here. Maybe next time!

Chrys

Amanda said...

WHAT?!?! The BBQ sauce? You've got to be kidding me. I usually just get it in a little cup and dip the end of my fork in it before I take a bite. Maybe I'm only getting 10 grams of fat that way. I'm so disillusioned!