Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Moonlight

So this morning at 5:20 i find myself wide awake and curious as to why. I mean, it's not like long hours of luxurious sleep are commonplace in my life. But when i wake suddenly i become frustrated. i wish my immediate response was one of "oh, i need to pray for _____" but in all honesty my mind races to that very familiar place known as anxiety. why is it that EVERYTHING seems miserable by the light of the moon?

So there i lay (or is it lie? Can't figure that one out), fretting over my ever-growing list of things to do. At one point i rolled over to my left side and could see the bright moon through a small opening in the curtains. I started thinking about how the world spins round and round and yet we're not dizzy and i can lay/lie here and see the moon and...well, it's moving. it was cool b/c i guess i've never stared at the moon long enough for it to move out of sight. Now i'm sure it helped that i only had about an inch of exposed sky. But nonetheless, i closed one eye and watched as the moon slowly crawled out of view. i think i fell asleep shortly after that.

No comments: