Saturday, December 08, 2007

I'm avoiding work right now. Our Neighborhood Life ministry is coming to an end and I've more than checked out. It really hits home how hard it is to "finish strong". But I don't want to not complete our commitment through this month. It feels like that would negate three years of work and service.

We spent the day at the "arboreto" (according to Avery) today with Shawn's recently re-married parents (PRAISE GOD!). Despite a diva daughter and nap-less son, we had a nice time and the weather made it very enjoyable. Santa was there as was Mrs. Claus, a rather odd bird-like Snowman and a cute Rudolph. Avery braved a hand-holding drive by of the snow"bird"man but wouldn't touch him. She liked Rudolph and went as far as a high-five. Ash preferred them a good bunch of feet away but would wave and "talk" to them. Shawn took pics so I hope to get a few up here...someday.

There is a chocolate exhibit right now at the Arboretum. You follow the stages of production from tree to finished Dove chocolate. As you leave the Arboretum, you're given a piece of chocolate. You have the choice of milk or dark chocolate. I asked for "four darks please". I guess most folks don't go for that because she said how about 8? and heaved a pile of Dove chocolate into my hands. Oh well, one man's meat is another man's poison, right?

I'm a bit rusty so I'll close for now and get back to my overdue work before my eyes shut (Sleep is a high commodity ever since Asher decided to get all of his molars and front teeth AT THE SAME TIME! Poor kid, poor mom).

2 comments:

olivia and henry said...

love you sim! so glad you guys had fun at the arboreto today ;) wish we could have hung out with you all. sorry to hear about asher's teeth!
i can't believe this is the last month for neighborhood life...i know it's hard to finish out strong with this.
let's get together soon.xoxoxo your sis

Amanda said...

Wes and I were JUST talking about Shawn's parents getting remarried! Yay for that!! aww..sounds like a really fun time at the Arboretum! Miss you friend!