Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Chh-chh-changes

Transition, thy name is Davis.

Cue David Bowie. Bring on the comfort food. Things are changing around here...

We just don't know how...yet.

It's official - the band is done. It's bittersweet. I'm thrilled at having Shawn home more often, but I'm sad that he's not getting to do something he loves.

We've been asked, "Now what?". We don't know. God continues to provide work for Shawn through The Whetstone, so we'll keep that up for now. Neither one of us is too gifted in the admin vein, but God has used our weakness in this by proving faithful to sustain us for the past 4 years through Shawn's freelance work. And the taxman hasn't come a'knockin' so hopefully we've done things right.

Our prayer is to hold on loosely to what we do have. We know God will provide for us...it just might not be in the way we think, in our current home, with our current "things". That's okay, though I will miss my rockin' minivan if i must say goodbye. Sign me up as ubergoof, but I LOVE that thing! Grocery trips? No problem! Roadtrips? Bring 'em on. The longer, the better! Joovy Caboose, bags of clothes for Goodwill, an insane amount of stowaway toys, booster seat AND carseat? Still got room to pick up the grandparents for an afternoon of fun. Ahhh, the tears will flow.

We would appreciate your prayers. A portion of Proverbs 30 is our hearts' cry and will continue to be, no matter what our circumstances:

"There are two things, Lord, I want You to do for me before I die: Make me absolutely honest and don't let me be too poor or too rich. Give me just what I need. If I have too much to eat, I might forget about You; if I don't have enough, I might steal and disgrace Your Name."
verses 7-9

This morning, as I enjoyed a few precious moments of quiet time, I poured my heart out before God the best I could because I was feeling anxious and distracted. What came to mind was a childhood song:

"In His time, In His time.
He makes all things beautiful in His time.
Lord, please show me everyday, as You're teaching me Your way
That You'll do just what You say, in Your time."

Now, hopefully those are the right lyrics. Either way, it's the way I remember it and it spoke to me.

To all of you waiting on the LORD, peace.
simri

5 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

Wow. This post gave me goosebumps.

You're such a great writer, Sim.

I'll be praying for you guys. Thanks for your authenticity.

Love you.

Chrys

olivia and henry said...

sweet sister,
you are loved more than you know, and prayed for just the same.
angie

Mia said...

This is the 3rd attempt to leave you a message!!!!!!!! Crazy transition for your fam and i will be praying for you guys! how are you????????? love you mitz

Marci said...

Wow, that's a lot of change! I will be praying for you guys...I'm sure everything will work out just fine. :)

Neisha said...

We will be praying for you... please keep us posted on the post machine. Such a great way for us to all know what is happening in each other's lives and how to stand in the gap during these times! love you friend. neisha