Monday, March 12, 2007

batteries still charging

that's a good sign! my last charger would "charge" the batteries in about an hour. yeah, right. I would take one picture and the dumb camera would shut down. hence, my dire need to buy new batteries. it's been hours, so i'm thinking i'll have lots of photo power.

I hardly ever watch the Ellen Show, mainly because we don't have cable. Really, we don't have many channels. Actually, two. and one of them doesn't include the english language. BUt for some reason, NBC is coming in (which means I can make out basic shapes through the snow). Anyway, Ellen is talking to this old lady named Gladys Hardy from Austin, TX. OH MY! She is a hoot. Ellen is rolling. So am I. Quotes from Gladys:

"Well, you know, I love Jesus, but I drink a little." (Maybe you had to hear her say it).
"I like to stay local. Around here, they'll pull you over if you've had Listerine." Are you sensing a theme?

Ok, so you probably did have to hear her.

O'Malley from Grey's is up now. He's a cutie.

On a siiiiiddddeee note, what is a "boyfriend trouser"? Angie, Gap Expert, answer please.

AND, how do you get birds to visit a birdhouse? Do they have aversions to certain colors? Do they take bribes? A very excited three year old has been glued to the back door, waiting.

3 comments:

olivia and henry said...

sim, you are funny! ok, "boyfriend trousers" are called that implying that these pants will fit like your boyfriend's pants...but their for you ;)
we miss y'all! we'll be home tomorrow afternoon. love you. ang

Creth said...

I'm not quite sure how to host the video (Shawn could probably help...) but I sent you the video of the Ellen show... my friends loved that.... (oh, and Ellen isn't on cable)

Pen the Tale said...

thanks! yeah, i know ellen isn't on cable, smartie! without cable, we get next to nothing and nbc is one of the nothings!