Friday, March 17, 2006

happy st. patty's day...

and all that jazz.

i don't know if i have anything green to wear.

biscuits are baking in the oven, avery is sitting in her stroller wanting me to push her down the hall and shawn is still in bed.

yesterday i was sick - yuck.

i have 3 more months left of this pregnancy and that is WAY TOO LONG! I don't think i'm gonna make it.

i've done a bracket for ESPN basketball. i know nothing about this tournament but it's fun to see how many points i can get just by being random. hey - not in last place right now. last year i beat shawn - makes it all worth it.

too many flies in the house. shawn and avery went on a fly hunt last night - very funny. shawn swinging a paper and avery shouting, "yay, dad! you got it!" or "oh no you missed". we left the back door open all afternoon b/c of the beautiful weather and they paraded on in.

our sweet neighbors made dinner for us last night which was a huge blessing b/c i couldn't stomach the idea of food AT ALL! I love little blessings like that!

Just finished the most amazing book - The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas. If you can handle over 400 pages, it is sooooo worth the read. One of my all time favorites now. I had never heard of Douglas before - seems he has written quite a few "known" books. And a few of them have become movies. It would be so great to be a storyteller like that!

Um, just a few entries - random but succinct in their own paragraph!

love ya ang!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! thanks for the update!!! sounds like you guys are having fun over there! we are packing up today to leave in the morning for vail. very excited about our time away! let's get together when we get back. we'll be gone sunday through sunday. love you!!!

Creth said...

I don't even think I celebrated St. Patrick's Day... and I don't even wanna talk about the only green I had on me... (or in my NOSE)

ANYWAY

have you seen the film adaptation of "The Robe"? maybe I could rent it and we could watch it?

(I hope Shawn is hunting flies better than he used to... he was terrible at fly hunting in high school)

Pen the Tale said...

creth - the robe is on our queue to watch. you'll have to come up once it's here! we'll have a watching party and i'll feed you dinner!

what's up with the green stuff?