Friday, March 24, 2006

veggied out

it's time for VEGGIE TAAALLEESS!

How do i put this lightly? Avery is obsessed with Veggie Tales. We have two of the Silly Songs videos and that is all she wants to watch. I guess there is worse that she could want to see, but these songs have been permanently etched in my brain - and hers! she is always walking around singing one of the songs. it's funny b/c she'll decide she doesn't like the one with the "hairbrush song" and just HAS to watch the one with the "cheeseburger song" and vice versa - finicky already. this morning she is blaming her stuffed pig on not liking one or the other.

like i said, not the worst thing to be stuck in her head.

Shawn's new toy showed up this week. A new laptop arrived on Monday. We were in the backyard when Shawn heard the ups truck lumber up the street. I tell you what, he dropped everything (well, a big red ball) and dashed to the front door to surprise the driver with a "you're a good a man!" It's a nice computer - he likes it. we started watching a movie on it - it was nice. Now i've inherited his old vaio laptop and he has yet to figure out where he's gonna put the desktop (but we're keeping it, by golly!).

I'm still waiting on my toy...but since it's not a business expense, who knows when it'll be. but, hey, if my job is to entertain people in my house...maybe a new couch IS a business expense! I've told shawn he has until the baby comes to get me a new couch. He laughs, but i'm not kidding. so if any of you can use your pursuasive powers on my hubby, i'd be forever grateful.

adios all! have a good friday.

2 comments:

Creth said...

HAHAHAHAHahahahaha... "it's a small world after all" I had one window open, reading your blog and another with my e-mail... received your comment as I was about to comment on your own! ha!

anyway... maybe having kids is just a way to remind us that we were kids once too! (I think we often forget, too soon, our youth)

anyway... I was actually thinking about wanting to come up today or tonight but now have plans for the evening!! what are y'all doing tomorrow (morning/day?)?

(nooo... it is not a hot date... ha)

Pen the Tale said...

come over! we'll figure out something to do. surprise shawn!