Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"home"onal

It comes on with all the vengenance of a hot flash.

A home project.

A must-do or I'll die.

I usually suffer from these at least once a day.

My house appears to be unaffected.

I had two of these occurences yesterday. Earlier in the day, i convinced myself that making an ottoman for the living room would be fairly simple. I mentally walked through each step, visualizing just what it would take. Piece o' cake. A piece of wood. some foam, batting and material, legs, a staple gun and I would be the proud owner of an OTTOMAN!

Of course, now the idea is filed away under "maybe some day". You see, just as quickly as a hot flash comes on, it's gone.

The one i suffered later in the evening was a bit stronger. It lasted longer...I still feel the affect this morning. It's the kids' bathtime. I'm propped on the potty, overseeing the splashing and making sure heads stay above water, when here it comes! I. MUST. DECORATE. THIS. BATHROOM! I'm telling you, avery could've gotten away with some serious bathwater-drinking right about now. I was in idea heaven. Really, not too much work, just a few things...

Begin the list of what is needed. Calculate costs. Decide if hubby will hit the roof or merely give me "a look". Wait for episode to pass.

Still waiting. My house might actually feel the affects of this one. I'll let you know.

4 comments:

olivia and henry said...

sim, you are funny! i don't know that i would be that great at making an ottoman, but i'd love to help you decorate the bathroom!!! maybe when we come visit this weekend?!?! get out your paints, girl, and roll up your sleeves...we've got some work to do! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I can TOTALLY relate to this. I have a hundred projects I could be doing, but I'd rather be here reading blogs! Ha. It makes me feel good to think of all of these great projects, plan each one out, calculate costs, etc. But then...nothing. Why?! I drive myself NUTS!

Anonymous said...

"Home"onal, that is sooooo funny, i don't know a girl out there that can't relate to that one. I had many many episodes with our Atlanta house that i wore myself out and now i don't have very many anymore or if i do i quickly leave the house til the "home"onal hot flash subsides!!!

Mia said...

Sim this cracked me up because i cannot tell you many times i invision making something in my home. I have done the ottoman! I always think it will be easy and it usually is much more effort thank anticipated! get pics of the kids bathroom!!