Wednesday, January 24, 2007

fever for the flavor...

i gotta do something! i'm a bit stir-crazy and wanting a creative outlet. problem is, my mind is spinning and sputtering and just not cooperating. i wanna shout "get in a single file line...NOW!" because the thoughts in my head are racing...and running...and i can't sit still (or think still).

How do moms maintain there own sense of identity? I would LOVE some feedback on this. I'm really just aching to "do something" and have "my own thing" but what does that mean. I know this just happens to coincide with Oprah yesterday and the ongoing battle between working outside the home/staying home. i think what i'm asking is outside of that discussion...maybe. i'm desiring a little food for the soul and a sharpening of the brain. So many friends i talk to are wanting more: more in their marriages, more in their daily tasks, more from friendships...just more, overall - a little something that simply enriches them. I'd love your story. Do share and ask others to share as well! email me: simri@sbcglobal.net and if you are willing, let me post them here.

2 comments:

olivia and henry said...

tag...you're it! i emailed you my response. now tell us yours!!
love you,
angie

Honeycutt Family said...

Simri,
What a question for the ages! Some days I wonder, "Is this really my life?" Some ways that have helped keep me sane is: MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers), weekly playdates with other moms, and women's Bible studies.
Cameron Crawford has started hosting MAMs (Moms and Martinis) once every 2-3 months and it is sooooo fun! A bunch of women with food and drink and chit-chat. She invites neighbors, church members, people she meets in the grocery store, EVERYONE. Then towards the end she has everyone sit around in a circle and introduce themselves and answer a question (i.e "Who is a woman you admire or inspires you?") It is a great night away.
Well, there is my 2 cents. :)
Jen