Tuesday, December 05, 2006

wedding dress revisited

at least somebody looks cute in it!

When we picked the kids up from my parents house this evening, i saw my wedding dress in "avery's" room. I decided to bring it home. Avery wanted to wear it and i wanted to try it on. yeah, right. that thing is not even close to zipping up. what a reality check and i'm only 6 years out. shawn was helping with the zipper and was so charming:


"that thing ain't coming up." i suck in even harder.

"let me get a tape measure. it's at least a good 6 inches if it fit comfortably." AH, silly man! But when does a wedding dress fit comfortably in the first place. It's good and tight from the get go. I have him pull even tighter while i smush my chest.

"that's about an inch apart but the waist is not even gonna happen." yeah, well, your gut is starting to catch up with you, mister!


a new goal - get the dress zipped up.


5 comments:

olivia and henry said...

what a PRECIOUS picture of AVERY! i LOVE it. this will need to be the front cover of her wedding album when she gets older...how sweet is she!!!!!!!!! love it love it love it.

Pen the Tale said...

yeah...would be cool. hope we can hold on to it.

Chrys and Mike said...

I LOVE THIS! What a doll!!!

Chrys

Honeycutt Family said...

I give you credit for even TRYING on your wedding dress! I know mine wouldn't fit either, but thankfully it is "sealed" up in a box and I won't be taking it out anytime soon! HA!
But Avery is just adorable in it and I agree with Angie that you need to save that picture for her on her wedding day!
~Jen Honeycutt

Creth said...

CUTEST PICTURE, EVER!

and don't worry about being able to wear your wedding dress again... last time I tried it on, it wouldn't go past my knees!

(and Shawn had to help me get it that far!)