Tuesday, August 09, 2005

monthly ordeal?

did you think i was gonna talk about that dreaded "friend" that we girls have to put up with?

WRONG!

it just seems that posting on this site has become a monthly ordeal. I cannot bring myself to sit down and rummage around this pit of a brain to come up with something to write. I am in blog hell.

To the few of you who check here regularly - HA! suckers...

Just kidding. You guys are appreciated for your long suffering but you know, i never promised you a rose garden (who sings that?) or a pathetic glimpse into Simri world.

So, to my one dedicated reader - you already know what's been going on in my world. but, i did visit your friend's website and am utterly impressed. she is quite a gal and that brain must never stop spinning. i think i'm too impatient to sort through so much in my head to get it down in a succinct manner so that the masses (both of you) can digest it.

hmmm...digest makes me think of food and food is most definitely my enemy. i lack severe self control in this area and can't get a grasp. oh well, i'm trying to focus on everyday and every meal and hopefully i'll lose some of this junk. i feel crummy and am obsessed with being skinny and seeing skinny people puts me over the edge. needless to say, my hubby isn't too keen on my newly adopted, irrational cynicism. He just wants me to be healthy and happy and forget comparing myself to every soul out there.

so, anyway, i'm gonna get myself geared up to visit and contribute here regularly again. don't fail me now! i'll come through...

much to you,
sim

2 comments:

Creth said...

YEA! you posted!
-
okay... your "friend"
(...hehehehehe)
-
"suckers?" ....ouch
-
let's see... I seem to remember a verse in the Bible (as though I'd be quoting a verse from... anything else?) saying that we shouldn't worry about what we eat. I take that to mean both having food to eat AND what food that is. has food become an idol? doubtful. do you think about food to replace the time that you should think of the Lord? don't think so... so what are you worried about?

Pen the Tale said...

alright, smartypants!

i will try to remember that and also practice moderation and self control.

hmmm...words from the wise!